1.Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs has been organising the Know India Program(KIP) to create awareness about the phenomenal transformation taking place in India and the country's progress from a destination for culture, heritage and art to an emerging powerhouse in the global economic system. Twenty seven such programmes have been organised up till now in partnership with different states. Following the success of the programmes and based on the positive feedback received from the interns, the next Know India Programmes (KIP) are proposed to be organised for 40 participants to be selected from countries all over the world. The 30th KIP is tentatively scheduled from 23rd December, 2014 - 12th January, 2015 and 31stKIP from 2nd January, 2015-22nd January, 2015.
2. Know India Programme is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth conducted with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, science & technology, communication & information technology, culture. KIP provides a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with the contemporary India. 4-5 such programmes are conducted every year. Indian Diaspora Youth in the age group of 18-26 years, who have distinguished themselves in any field and have abiding interest in India and links with India through parentage, are considered for selection. NRIs are not eligible to apply for this programme. Selected participants are provided with full hospitality in India during the duration of the programme. 90% (ninety percent) of the total cost of air ticket (at lowest economy excursion fare) is refundable to the participants on successful completion of the programme.
3. The content of the programme broadly includes the following:
- Visits to historical, cultural, industrial, academic and tourist places,
- Call on high dignitaries, Hon'ble Governor, Speaker of Assembly, Chief Minister and other eminent personalities.
- Exposure to village life in the State.
- Interactive sessions in premier university/institution/ organization within the State.
- Guidelines and application form for these programmes may be accessed on Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) website (www.moia.gov.in). Duly completed application from may be submitted to the Consulate at the following address for mandatory recommendation:
Bharath Kumar Kuthati
Deputy Consul General
Consulate General of India
16-A United Centre, 95, Queensway
5. Any queries may also be addressed to the above.